Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nothing like a little drama to liven up the day

Well the day started off as normal, breakfast, showers, homeschool PE class, go home. Then my dh called. He was having an asthma attack and wanted me to meet him at Rite Aid with his prescription for an inhaler. I herded the kids in the van and headed off with the prescription. Well when we arrived I sent the boys in with the prescription . Well , it ended up the pharmacist convinced Brian that he was in enecelaphtic (sp) shock and he should go to the ER right away. Well Brian did have the symptoms he said, but we both thought that with the shock you actually pass out or something because you cannot breathe. Brian was still conscious and awake, and breathing albeit with difficulty. So we arrived near the hospital and I had to go past it because of insane traffic patterns. I was turning around in a Rite Aid parking lot and Brian said he didnt' think he needed to go to the ER. So we decided to follow his orignal plan of buying a Primatene Mist Inhaler and it worked almost instantly. So then we went home, and long story short, ate lunch and with Brian still fighting off a headache and chest pain; Gabe starts to feel pain in his abdomen. After 10 min of him screaming and crying saying his stomach hurt, Brian took him to the ER. Well 15 min after he got there he calmed down. The diagnosis? lactose intolerance. At least my family is okay, and he only had to stay in the ER for about an hour for observation. Thank you God for keeping my family healthy and safe.

No comments: