Saturday, January 31, 2009

Waiting to exhale

We just returned last night from a vacation to Daytona Beach Florida. It was so great. Soaking up the sun, letting the boys play around in the sand and ocean, it was a most peaceful experience. Brian and I and the boys were more relaxed than we had been in a very long time. It was such a gift from God! God helped us out in so many ways. We actually had a chance to relax and talk, without outside pressures interfering or pulling on us. Brian also said that he is going to find a way to spend more time with the boys. We are not sure how it will work out but we know that little boys need to learn how to be men, and surprise surprise they need men to teach them that. Having Brian working outside the home 50 -60 hrs a week, and then take on side jobs, and help everybody and their uncle out with problems does not leave a lot of room for quality time with his boys. We are just praying for God to give us some clear guidance on how to do it. I don't know how long it will last, but right now so much of my anger , depression and frustration are changed into positive emotions of thankfulness, and just love for the people God has put around me. Its like a huge weight has been lifted from me, and I can hope and dream again. I watched the movie Hope Floats a number of years ago. I didn't understand the title for a long time. After reflection though, I think it was just a commentary on the fact that no matter how much bad stuff you go through, hope keeps re surfacing and pushing its way to the top. Lord willing hope will persevere and give bloom to a beautiful flower of dreams, and fulfillment of God's purpose.

No comments: