Friday, March 12, 2010

New family member

Well, it happenend today. We were driving to Taco Bell at Southridge and saw the balloons at the end of the Wal Mart parking lot. These usually indicate that the lady who heads up the local canine rescue organization is there encouraging people to adopt stray dogs and cats. For some strange reason I decided that I would allow the boys to have a puppy. When I say puppy though, I don't mean a small little furball. This dog is the same size or bigger than my sister's full grown dog. My dad says he will get to be the same size as the dog on the Beethoven movies. $20 for dog food, $5 for collar, dog dish, and toy,,, having an animal which will love my boys and play fun games with them.. priceless. I know there are going to be messes to clean up, and most of his care will probably fall to me.. Why don't I feel bad about buying the dog then? Why is it that I pet him and watch him snuggle up to my husband and lick his face and think , yeah, I did the right thing? Time will tell. I just know my boys could use an extra friend right about now. Come to think of it, I think we all could . A friend who doesn't get mad or yell, or try to get back when we have done something wrong. A friend who forgives. That would be nice. I know it is just a dog and everything, but there is something therapeutic about these four legged creatures. Who knows maybe they have something to teach us about God and His Love, something we haven't been learning anywhere else.

No comments: