Friday, December 5, 2008

Seeking Solutions

Why do we try every solution to fix our pet peeves and problems before going to the ONE who overcame all the problems and pet peeves of the world . ( side note : can you imagine all the annoyances Jesus had to be comfronted with after living in Heaven?) Why do I diligently check email and facebook status but yet have to make myself read something out of the Living Word? Not that I dont want to read more, its just so frustrating when I know two verses into I will have to stop to break up a fight, or feed the baby, or else a 3 yr old will be pretending I am a trampoline. Brian says if I wanted alone time I should not have had kids. Funny thing, I did not know I needed so much alone time til I had kids. I digress though, I know God can teach me things even when I am only reading a little tid bit here and there. Its so frustrating though when you want to meditate and "hide his Word in my heart" but you cannot because kids are constantly distracting you. I am doing a little bit better about praying, but it just seems that keeping my 4 boys alive from moment to moment is an all consuming task. Of course I know mine and Brian's prayer's have helped ... their guardian angels must have be football players with all the muscle and padding they would need to keep my kids safe. Still Brian and I have been talking about how in college we had people who were like minded in their pursuits of God. We have lots of Christian friends who love God, but none who understand our desire to be willing to undergo a radical lifestyle change if it meant being better able to serve God. Everyone we know is content to attend a Bible study, a Sunday worship and help with some small area of ministry. Brian and I want to fellowship with other Christians whose all out focus is God, who want to develop deep and lasting friendships. We want to be around people who can challenge us in our daily walk with God and people we can likewise encourage in their walk. Iron sharpening iron. Where are those people? Facebook and email are nice but I want something deeper and more committed. I want people who we can cry out to God with, whom we can spend 2 hrs studying the Word and we only stop because the babysitter has to go home and we have to put kids to bed. God is the only thing we need, its just helpful to have other Christians whom you can discuss with what God is teaching you.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi Amy,
Thanks for taking the time to write. There is nothing going on, just the boys' did not want to school for me at all. Brian expects testing and with that said I knew they were not going anywhere with school... and would not be able to pass their tests. Last year Logan struggled with reading. He is doing better but still has issues. I have to be honest with myself and state that I think they will learn better in an atmosphere where they are MADE to do it. I guess I am just to easy going yet I found myself yelling at them all the time. Which is not spiritually healthy nor mentally.