Monday, December 1, 2008

wintertime blues

What is it about lack of sunlight, people stressing about an over commercialized holiday, and too many expectations ( real or perceived) that leaves me feeling very blue? I have not been taking my shakes as much as I should which does not help. I vented to my friend in Chicago for a little while and I felt better for a short time . But this persistent sadness, and sense of disconnectedness seems to permeate every fiber of my being. Hanging out all day in an extremely messy van , with 4 rambunctious little boys and a constant downpour of rain only made things worse. ( At least its not snow like my friend in chicago has). I know its only my melacholy personality taking things to extreme but a nice trip to somewhere warm and sunny sounds very appealing. I know I have a million blessings surrounding me, and I thank God for those every day.

From the ends of the earth I call to you
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I

For you have been my refuge a strong tower against the foe
Psalms 61:2 & 3

No comments: