Sunday, December 14, 2008

an unchaotic holiday season

I am not sure if unchaotic is a word, but I think it best describes my mood right now. After going through a week of stomach viruses for everyone, Brian and I drinking sparkling grape juice at 2am , attending a Christmas party at my dad's church ( where there were less than 20 kids and that included my 4 kids and 8 of their homeschool friends . ) ... and then ending the week with a big fight with Brian. Somehow though, I am not depressed, or stressed, or even very angry or frustrating which are my typical emotions at least several times a week. I seem to be approaching everything with a very matter of fact, don't sweat the small stuff attitude. Hmm makes me want to re read some Erma Bombeck. ( I read most of her books when I was in my early teens and found them hilarious. I am sure I would laugh non stop if I read them now with the perspective of age, marriage, and motherhood). I digress though.... I am not in a Scrooge type of anti Christmas mood, but I am also not stressing about decorations, or gift buying.. ( haven't done either and may not do either).. Ben's birthday is tomorrow , so we will probably end up at Chuck E Cheese at some point and we will probably buy him a gift. It will not be extragavant. Christmas too will be more focusing on spending time together, and building good family memories . I am not at the point where I can endure the Christmas hustle and bustle (read stress) that most people seem to endure as par for the course. I believe in celebrating the birth of my saviour, I just do not understand why we only have to celebrate it one month out of the year. Is it not easier to spread it out over the year? That is just my two cents... take it or leave it. Somehow , someway God is answering my prayer and through all the toils, and strife, all the ups and downs, God is enabling me to truly live out my goal of loving the abundant life. Thank you Lord!

No comments: