Monday, March 30, 2009

The Lord is my Shepherd

For a couple of weeks I have been focusing on Psalm 23 . Actually I had the boys memorizing it, and I kind of felt God leading me to this passage for my own personal Bible study. For some reason I felt that the first two verses were what He wanted me to concentrate on. Somehow the idea that God is my shepherd and that He is going to make me lay down in green pastures , and lead me beside still waters is extremely appealing. The first part of verse two is what I really feel drawn to though, HE RESTORES MY SOUL,,,, taken literally he will fill it up again, put back what has been taken out, . Wow! Then yesterday at church the sermon was on the Lord is a shepherd and of course the pastor used Psalm 23 to explain this concept. I actually missed most of the service but Brian was able to hear the sermon and I think it was a good way for us to both be on the same page spiritually. I kind of had been sharing what God was teaching me with Brian. I think now Brian is really open to the idea that maybe God is using this verse to lead our family for a season. Not sure what is going on exactly, but I will have faith in HIM who knows best. Meanwhile I am going to spend some time laying down in the grass and walking beside still waters. And allowing HIM to restore my soul. Selah

No comments: