Friday, November 7, 2008

at home on a Friday evening

Wow, for the first time today I feel kind of good about something. Hm, maybe I am not a horrible mother after all. My quest, goal, longing for this school year is to become more disciplined. First I want to become more disciplined, and then maybe other members of my family will be more disciplined too. I really know it is of vital importance to be self disciplined if you are going to have a Godly character. Anyway, I have been trying to get the boys onto a schedule of regular bedtime regardless of whether or not Brian was going to be home to help me put them to sleep. Establishing a bedtime routine for small boys who have never been accustomed to one is not an easy task, and it seemed rather daunting at first. I stuck with it though, and it seems like I may be seeing some fruit. Thank You Jesus! ( seriously, I was standing on the steps thanking God just a minute ago). The baby was asleep in the van, and I went down to check on him . Before I went down , I told the three older ones to get ready for bed, and then lay down. I left , just praying they would be quiet when I came back. Well I came back a few minutes later, and what do you know, they were all asleep. These are the same kids who we routinely gave melatonin too, last year just so they would go to sleep. Ben especiallly would stay up all night, we just could NOT make him go to sleep.. It wasn't even that late tonight, though it was a little later than their normal bedtime. Wow, this is so different than last year. I think having them be more active, take their nutrition shakes, and having a consistent bedtime routine, have made a world of difference. I know normal families would already have had their kids on a consistent routine years ago, but Brian and I are not normal. Better late than never , will hopefully apply in this situation.

No comments: