Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving

Why is it so hard to remember all the things I am thankful for when it is so cold outside? I am thankful for hot sunny weather, which is the opposite of what we are having now. LOL My kids are getting stir crazy and so am I. Oh, I know I am thankful for my dear husband fixing the heater on the van. Of course his truck is not working, so he had to take the van to work , so I am stuck at the house. Still when I get it back it will be nice and warm when I drive it. Speaking of driving, I am thankful for gas prices going down , so I don't feel guilty driving across town once in a while. I am thankful for the massive amounts of mandated overtime which allowed us to have some extra money to pay for things like the boys' phys ed classes, and that will probably pay for ice skating lessons, swim lessons, and anything else I can think of to keep them active . I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for the opportunity to earn some money with reliv, and possibly Usbourne. I love books, and I love nutrition. I love the chance to homeschool my 4 crazy kids, and I thankful I can teach them instead of sending them off somewhere. I am thankful for basic things like clothes to wear, a relatively warm house, and plenty of food to eat. I am thankful Josh has not peed in the trashcan yet today. I am thankful no one has broken a window in a few months at least. ( is that a record maybe? ) I am thankful no one has had any serious illness since the chicken pox incident this summer. Wow there are so many things to be thankful for, when you start thinking of them. I am thankful we live in free country where we can disagree with the leaders and not be punished. I am thankful I will not be punished for my kids going around saying Obama's a lollipop. ( Though I did tell them they should respect their leaders no matter how much we disagree with them) . I am thankful I actually got myself out of bed and make some good pancakes for my ravenous kids.
Most importantly I am thankful for a Saviour dying on a cross for my sins, and another day to live and breathe and share that love with those around me.

No comments: