Saturday, November 22, 2008

reward or real pain?

Children are a gift from God, they are his reward. Psalm 127:3 If they re truly a reward then why do people think we are so crazy when they found out we have 4 small boys? Yes they are energetic, and come up with creative ways of driving me crazy. Yet they are a blessing and more than anything have illustrated God's love for me. They help me understand how someone could love me when I do so many insane, mean, selfish things. Yes they are kids, and need lots of supervison and guidance but with loving guidance and teaching they could grow up to be godly, creative, compassionate men. They have molded my character like nothing else on earth could, and I am thankful for that. So aren't all good things in life worth a little work and sweat and toil, sprinkled with a heavy dose of understanding and a few tears thrown in for good measure.. Yes its difficult right now, but I am trusting in God and leaning more heavily on HIS arm for guidance and support , and isn't that what its really all about?
So keep your sympathetic glances, and your looks of shock and amazement. I don't need the "poor lady" comments, or the " what was she thinking? " talk behind my back. I am wonderfully blessed and am going to try with every ounce of energy in HIS power to enjoy and learn from these rewards from God.
Oh and to my dear mother, who was so happy that Brian fixed her glasses , she offered to pay for him to have a vasectomy , thanks but no thanks. That is one Christmas present we will not be redeeming. I love my little basketball team and if God chooses to bless us some more in a few years then we will receive those blessings with open arms as well.
And besides without my loving guys who would give me a million hugs and kisses a day, and become so excited when they see me? And more importantly what interesting thing would I blog about without my household full of little people doing crazy stuff every few minutes? lol
Brian always said I am high maintenance ( and he was right), maybe God knew it would take 5 guyz to take care of me and keep me happy. :)

No comments: